If you want to celebrate with the VIP's at Arthur Murray International's annual VIP Weekend, it helps to be related to the organizer! Such was my good fortune to be Tara's shadow for a few days at this year's event in Washington, D.C. at the fabulous Four Seasons Hotel on Pennsylvania Ave.
We enjoyed strolling the streets of Georgetown's historic downtown, and even found the Francis Scott Key park and monument. The hotel was only a couple of blocks from the Potomac River and a beautiful waterfront park with fun shops/restaurants.
Tara and I had the best time jogging together every morning along the river and past the national monuments or across the bridge to the Arlington Cemetery. We said "good morning" to President Lincoln every day! The first morning we ran all the way to the capitol, then walked back taking photos along the way.
3 comments:
It was so fun for me to have a 'companion' on what normally for me is a week alone at this event. Well, not ALONE, but without someone there just with me! I had a great time seeing DC with you. And all the franchisees loved you! Claudia Marshall told me again this week that I had such a good-looking mother, that you are so beautiful. I said, DUH!
What a great week! I love all the pictures and especially all the history there. (I also like your new quote at the top.) Hope your knee heals fast...ha ha!!
The new quote is quite appropriate :o) !! I love it - would you like to share? JK!!
It sounds and looks like your DC trip was just so much fun - what a great way to spend time with Tara!
Sorry you hurt yourself.
Post a Comment